The purpose of Woman’s Club is to bring together women who are interested in building a better community. By joining forces with others, we are able to make improvements within our community that we could not do by ourselves.

The Estes Park Woman’s Club was organized in 1912. The women spent their first year building mountain trails and making scenic areas accessible to hikers and horseback riders. After that first year, the women turned their attention to establishing a meeting place. They decided to build a clubhouse that would also be a library. In 1914, the Woman’s Club was accepted in the Colorado Federation and General Federation of Women’s Clubs. In 1916, the women established their library at the local school. In 1920, the school needed the room to expand so the library was moved to a rented room in a downtown hotel. Then, in 1922, the town donated a lot in Bond Park for the library site and the Woman’s Club was responsible for the building of the Estes Park Public Library. The Woman’s Club and volunteers donated labor and materials and raised money for additional materials needed to build the library. The women established a fund to support the maintenance of the library in 1925. The Estes Valley Library continues to receive the support of the Estes Woman’s Club today!!

During 2012 the Estes Park Woman's Club celebrated their 100th Anniversary. The highlight of the year was the release of the 100th year History book ─ Then The Women Took Over. Authored by Harriet Burgess and edited by Sue Spooner.

Books may be purchased at the Macdonald Bookshop.
epwchome.php was last modified 6/30/2015 @ 2:22:21 - America/New_York