The Estes Park Woman’s Club was organized in 1912. The women spent their first year building mountain trails and making scenic areas accessible to hikers and horseback riders. After that first year, the women turned their attention to establishing a meeting place. They decided to build a clubhouse that would also be a library. In 1914, the Woman’s Club was accepted in the Colorado Federation and General Federation of Women’s Clubs. In 1916, the women established their library at the local school. In 1920, the school needed the room to expand so the library was moved to a rented room in a downtown hotel. Then, in 1922, the town donated a lot in Bond Park for the library site and the Woman’s Club was responsible for the building of the Estes Park Public Library. The Woman’s Club and volunteers donated labor and materials and raised money for additional materials needed to build the library. The women established a fund to support the maintenance of the library in 1925. The Estes Valley Library continues to receive the support of the Estes Woman’s Club today!