Our December luncheon was filled with holiday cheer, good food, and the musical voices of the MountainAires. Christmas is now behind us but we still have new and exciting activities ahead. We have lots of fun luncheons planned, interesting programs, and fundraisers.
Did you know?TheCollect for Club Womenthat we recite at each meeting …
- was written in 1904 by Mary Stewart (1876-1943)
- Mary was born in Ohio but spent her childhood in Georgetown, Colorado
- Mary was a principal of a high school in Longmont, Colorado and during this time wrote the “collect”
- A “collect” is to come together as a group or prayer which was adopted by women’s organizations around the world
- the collect appeared in our annual 1927-28 yearbook
We have two fun events coming up. These fundraisers are:
- Duck Race Ticket Sales – January through April
- Bingo Night at the American Legion – February 22
Watch for details: Duck Race Ticket Sales – Kathye Osborne and her team, Gwenda Purdy and Gini Wiseman; and Nan Abbiatti and her team, Diane Palmer and Gini Wiseman, will be coordinating our famous and popular Bingo Night scheduled for February 22 at the American Legion.Both of these fundraisers are important so that we can continue to support projects in our community.
It is not too early to be thinking about what position on next year’sBoard or what project you would like to coordinate in our 2019-20 EPWC year! Talk to anyone of our Directors (Karen Chionio, Judi Cunningham, Cindy Leaycraft, Karen Nicholson or Kathy Speechley) for more information. Check out pages 2 and 3 of your yearbook to review positions that you may be interested in serving for 2019-20.
Thanks to the ladies that are making their luncheon reservations promptly when they receive their RSVPify email. If you don’t make a reservation or call in late, the restaurant may not have sufficient food! Please remember, January 9 lunch reservations must be made no later thanJanuary 3.Questions, contact Sallie Brackman at816-225-9130I am looking forward to seeing you on January 9 at the Bird & Jim Restaurant. Jean Austin and Nancy Gregg from Bright Christmas will be our speakers.
Don’t forget to bring your EPWC Yearbook to each luncheon meeting!
My best wishes to each of you for a healthy and Happy New Year!
Susan Robertson-Estes Park Woman’s Club President, 2018/19