We had a fun group at our January luncheon which was held at Bird & Jim’s. Our speakers provided us with a wonderful history of Bright Christmas and our three EPWC ladies – Pam, Lynn & Carol, were thanked for their shopping and wrapping this year. This is the 24th year that our club has participated in Bright Christmas. Now, that’s an impressive number! Attached are the Minutes from this luncheon.
Did you know? EPWC has supported our library …
- in 1916 the library took up residence at the Estes Park School, located at the corner of Park Lane and MacGregor Avenue;
- raised $5,000 to build and furnish a stone and stucco library building in what is now Bond Park and was opened in September of 1922;
- operated the library for 53 years before transferring it to the town in 1969;
- donated money for first floor and second floor fireplaces in the current library building;
- donated $2,000 in 2018 for the library digitizing project;
- and we continue to support the library in many ways financially, maintaining the little library in Performance Park and participating on committees/boards.
How can you help with our upcoming activities?:
- Buy Duck Race Tickets or ask your friends to buy a ticket – Kathye Osborne, Gwenda Purdy & Gini Wiseman will sell them at our February luncheon. A ticket is $20 with $19 going back to EPWC.
- Plan to attend and invite friends to our February 22 Bingo Night that is sponsored by the American Legion Auxiliary. Sign-up to donate a basket full of goodies or a decorated wreath. See Nan Abbiatti, Diane Palmer, Gini Wiseman or Barbara Poweleit for details.
- Sign up to help at the March 8 Community Cafe. Thanks to those that have already signed up at our January luncheon. See Diane Palmer and sign-up at our February luncheon!
- Loretta DeWitt is coordinating the American Cancer Society daffodil sales. $10 a bunch, delivery is mid-March and the deadline to order is February 14. Make your check out to ACS. See Loretta who will be at our February luncheon!
I am looking forward to seeing you at our February 13 luncheon at the Dunraven Inn. Karen Nicholson will be our speaker, “911 for 911 & SWAT Negotiations.” Please respond quickly to your RSVPify email to make your lunch reservation. Reservations for our February luncheon must be made no later than February 7. If you have to cancel, you must do so no later than the evening of February 7. Reservation questions, contact Sallie Brackman at 816-225-9130. If you do not have email, contact Sue Hansen, 541-753-7412.
QUESTION:Do you know how many ladies joined EPWC the same year you joined? Tip: your yearbook lists by each member’s name the year they joined!(I joined in 2010 and saw that Ann Dinsmoor, Carol Smid, & Marcia Taylor also joined that same year!)Susan RobertsonEstes Park Woman’s Club President, 2018/19